10:00 am - 11:30 am (ET)
Building Climate-Positive and Resilient Global Food Systems
By United Nations Foundation, World Food Programme (WFP), United Kingdom and Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Looking towards the UN Secretary-General’s Food Systems Summit and COP 26 – two critical international moments to come in 2021 – this event will feature leaders working at the intersections between climate and agriculture.
Participants and panelists will explore opportunities to leverage these key upcoming international moments to ensure that climate resilience in agriculture is at the heart of the global community’s efforts to “recover better” and transform food systems.
The programme will include remarks by:
• Khalid Bomba, CEO, Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
• Rt Hon Lord Zac Goldsmith, Minister of State for Pacific and the Environment, United Kingdom
• Agnes Kalibata, Special Envoy for the 2021 Food Systems Summit
• Hellen Onyango, Farm to Market Alliance, Kenya
• Elizabeth Cousens, President & CEO of the UN Foundation
• Valerie Guarnieri, Assistant Executive Director, UN World Food Programme